Are you wondering if social media is right for your business? The following facts and figures compiled by industry experts may convince you of the importance of developing a social media strategy.
1) According to Nielsen, over 80% of all Americans now use a social network.
2) Also according to Nielsen, social media users are more active and influential offline than peers who do not use social media. Social media users are people highly involved in networking and community events.
3) The three most important reasons small businesses leverage social media are: connecting with customers; visibility; and self-promotion, according to a Zoomerang September survey of 1180 small- to mid-sized business decision makers. If you’re not using social media, you are missing out on these opportunities.
4) It only takes 20 people to create meaningful many-to-many interactions and bring an online community to a significant level of activity, according to Ning. An on-line following of twenty people is something almost any business can achieve.
5) Did you know that 93% of US adult internet users are on Facebook?
6) There are now more than 800 million active Facebook users, with over 200 million added in 2011. More than half of Facebook users log in every day.
7) The average Facebook user has 130 friends and connects to 80 pages, events and groups. Think of the far-reaching effects derived from each person who follows you on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or any other social media.
8) 79% of US Twitter users are more likely to recommend the brands that they follow.
9) Comscore released a study in 2011 that showed how business brands that post at least once every day will reach 22% of their fans in a given week. A critical success factor for being seen is consistency in posting.
10) According to Mediabistro, 50% of small business owners reported gaining new customers through social media — most notably through LinkedIn and Facebook.
11) Forty percent of social media users access their accounts through mobile devices. This number will continue to grow. As you plan your social media marketing, keep in mind how to best engage your mobile customers when you craft your posts.
12) At least 44% of small- to mid-sized business decision-makers use social media, says Zoomerang.
Getting started with social media can be made easy by getting in touch with a marketing solutions company who can help you set up your accounts and show you how to effectively craft and monitor your posts. The sooner you start reaching out through social media, the sooner you will begin reaping the benefits.