FedEx Shipping Deadline Within the U.S.
- Dec. 12: Last day to ship via FedEx SmartPost
- Dec. 17: Last day to ship via FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground
- Dec. 20: Last day to ship via FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 22: Last day to ship via FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
- Dec. 23: Last day to ship via FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx First Overnight
- Dec. 25: Last day to ship via FedEx SameDay
Shipping deadlines for packages headed to Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and other international destinations vary. See FedEx’s Last Days to Ship site for more information.
UPS Shipping Deadlines Within the U.S.
- Dec. 22: Last day to ship via UPS 2nd Day Air
- Dec. 23: Last day to ship via UPS Next Day Air
For international shipping deadlines and other holiday-related information, click here.
U.S. Postal Service Deadlines Within the U.S.
- Dec. 15: Last day to send packages via standard parcel post
- Dec. 20: Last day to send packages via First Class Mail & Priority Mail
- Dec. 23: Last day to send packages via Priority Express Mail
The deadline for shipping packages internationally varies based on the destination. In some cases, the deadlines are as soon as Dec. 2.
Don’t take a chance on disappointing your customers. Let them know now about critical shipping dates. Keep in mind, too, that those people in the part of the country lucky enough to experience winter in the form of snow and ice should build extra days into shipping schedules. Winter storms can create havoc with even the most dedicated of shippers.